What is the National School Games (NSG)?
The National School Games (NSG) is the largest annual inter-school competition in Singapore organised by two Councils, namely, the Singapore Primary Schools Sports Council (SPSSC) and the Singapore Schools Sports Council (SSSC). The Councils are made up of all the principals of the participating schools. The NSG offers more than 400 championship titles, for more than 55,000 student athletes across all schools (primary, secondary, junior college and centralised institutions) in Singapore.
- What is National School Games (NSG) Wushu
- When is NSG (WUSHU)
- Who can take part in NSG (Wushu)
- How to take part in NSG (Wushu)
- Benefits of taking part in NSG (Wushu)
When is NSG?
Usually NSG (Wushu) starts from Term 2 Week 1 to Week 4. But due to the current Covid-19 situation, the dates are yet to be confirmed.
Who is eligible for NSG (Wushu)?
- Students who are currently studying in a Ministry Of Education (MOE) School. From Primary School to Junior College.
- Students aged 7 (Primary 1) and above.
How to register for National School Games (NSG)?
Schools with Wushu CCA:
School HOD will inform the Teacher-in-Charge of the CCA regarding the NSG. Afterwards, the Teacher-in-Charge and School’s Coach will determine which students will be able to participate in the NSG.
Schools with Wushu CCA but student is not in the CCA:
Parents who wish to register their children for the competitions for sports offered as a CCA and the student is not part of the CCA would need to express their intention via email to the school’s Head of Department (HOD) of PE. Afterwards, the Teacher-in-Charge and School’s Coach will determine if the student will be able to participate in the NSG as there are limited slots.
Schools without Wushu CCA:
Parents who wish to register their children for the competitions for sports not offered as a CCA in the school would need to express their intention via email to the school’s Head of Department (HOD) of PE.
What is the benefit of National School Games (NSG)?
- Students may use their NSG (WUSHU) achievements to apply for Direct School Admission (DSA).
- The annual NSG competition opportunities provide a valuable platform for our students to cultivate values and develop character through sports. This is in line with the Council's motto of "Character in Sporting Excellence".
Disclaimer & Reference
- The information provided is accurate and provided to the best of our knowledge.
- MOE and the schools may, at their discretion, have changes made to the rules presented pertaining to CCAs and the selection of students to participate in the NSG.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MqOL0dbE9P4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>